About Research Companion
Research Companion is an information literacy tool designed to instruct and aid students in finding, evaluating and using information.
Research Companion can help with the following:
- Deciding on a topic to research
- Creating better searches - in both article databases and online
- Finding information that is accurate and trustworthy
- Forming thesis statements
- Citation assistance
- ...and more!
Research Companion consists of:
- 9 Learning modules - Video modules and accompanying materials discuss the research process from beginning to end.
- 5 Research Aids - Need help revising a topic? Not sure if your source is scholarly? Need some help with a citation? Research Companion has built in tools to help you with these common research questions.
Accessing Research Companion
Users can create personal accounts within Research Companion if they want to track their progress, or they can choose to just utilize content without logging in (however progress will not be tracked).
If accessing Research Companion from off-campus an additional ID and password is required. You can get these from the library. You can also access them here: Login Instructions (PDF)
Contact a librarian with any questions about Research Companion at 570-740-0661.
Library instruction sessions are available for any class offered at LCCC. These sessions can be general introductions to our library and our resources or can be tailored to meet the specific needs of any class. Please consider this invitation if your course requires any type of research assignment. A librarian will work with you to develop a customized library instruction session to meet the research needs of your students.
To request one or more library instruction sessions for a class please contact Mia Bassham by phone at 570-740-0420 or 1-800-377-5222 ext. 7420; or via e-mail at email@example.com with as much notice as possible. Instruction sessions are scheduled on a first come, first served basis, and we will make every effort to accommodate session requests. In the event that a session cannot be scheduled at given time due to time, classroom, and/or staffing constraints, we appreciate your patience as we work with you to find an alternate day and time for the library instruction session.